It turns out that my little utility program, PP2One, has some loyal users. I haven't really been needing it until now, so I never upgraded it to OneNote 2007. However, this was as good of a time as any. Some notable fixes:
- It now works for OneNote 2007, and PowerPoint 2007. It will NOT work for OneNote 2003 (use the older version for that).
- The layout of the slides seems to work better now, as they are imported via a table.
- Because of the improvements in the OneNote API, it will work with WebDAV shared notebooks.
- File sizes should be better. PowerPoint 2007 can sometimes export gigantic WMF files (bug?), so I switched to importing the pictures as PNG. This seems to work fairly well.
- OneNote will now do OCR on images. (This was one of the reasons I never bothered to upgrade PP2One until now.) So, you might not need to export the slide text.
- PP2One now uses the .Net 2.0 framework. (It was compiled with Visual Studio 2005.)
Here is the link: Zip file.