It is late Sunday night, and here I am hacking away. Why am I doing this? There are several reasons:
- Personal development. I would like to improve the quality of my writing, and the best way to do that seems to be to THINK and WRITE. Improvements to the quality of writing hopefully lead to improvements in the quality of thought.
- Historical archiving. Someday I might wonder "What the hell was I thinking?", and maybe this will provide an answer. Future Jeff, hail and well met.
- Moveable Type seems to be a well-writing piece of code. I look forward to breaking it.
- There seems to be a "blog" community, and maybe I could play a part in it.
- I like hacking away at computer programs. That is a sufficient reason.
So here we are. I've never been very good at keeping diaries. (I'm not even very good at taking notes.) Let's see where it goes, but I doubt that I will actually write very much. Let's just see where it goes.